- Legislative Issues
About the League's Legislative Services
The primary activity of the League is to represent the collective interests of Arizona's 91 incorporated cities and towns at the Capitol. During each legislative session and throughout the year, we provide a number of services and publications to assist Arizona cities in more effectively communicating and monitoring issues that affect their local communities including:
- Coordinating the annual League Policy Committee and Resolution process. Each year the League asks cities and towns to submit resolutions based on issues of concern to their local community for discussion and action by the League Policy Committees.
- Compiling the Municipal Policy Statement. The policy statement is the final printed product of the Resolutions process and outlines the League's legislative priorities for the coming year. View the Municipal Policy Statement (PDF).
- Distributing Your Municipal Voice at the Capitol (PDF). Your Municipal Voice at the Capitol is a document to help you, as a municipal official, to better understand the process and the personnel at the Arizona State Capitol.
- Summarizing new bills and new laws. Summaries of bills of municipal interest are provided each week at the Arizona Municipal League website as they are introduced at the Legislature. When the session ends, bills that are signed into law are summarized in our New Laws Report.
- Composing the Legislative Bulletin. The Bulletin is issued weekly during the legislative session to keep cities and towns up to date on what's happening at the Capitol.
- Legislative Bill Monitoring. This component of the League's website contains tracking information for all legislation that appears in the Legislative Bulletin. This is not an exhaustive list of legislation being monitored by the League's Legislative Division. Please contact the League if you have any questions or concerns regarding legislation not available on the Legislative Bill Monitoring page.
- Scheduling Legislative Days. These meetings are arranged by individual cities and towns and held at the League office. Invite your legislators to join your city/town representatives and help to inform them about how issues are affecting your local community. We will provide lunch.
- Conducting Legislative Wrap Up Meetings. At the end of every session, League staff travels around the state to update municipal leaders on how the new laws may affect their community.
For more information about the League's legislative program, contact the League via email or call 602-258-5786.